In addition to the beaches and bike rentals, enjoy:
- Fishing charters from the Oak Bluffs harbor
- Golfing at Farm Neck Golf Course off County Road (693-2504)
- Horseback riding at Iron Hill Stables on Edgartown-Vineyard Haven Road (693-0786)
- Tennis at the town courts on Niantic Avenue, Tuckernuck Avenue, and County Road; or, private courts at Island Inn
- Art galleries including From the Heart, Dockside Marketplace, Kennedy Studio, and Moore Andrew Gordon Studio and Gallery
- Flying Horses Carousel - Oldest running carousel in the US
- The Ginger Bread Homes of old time Oak Bluffs ( Cottage City )
Temperatures are in the 80's during the day though they can reach the low 90's in August. The evenings are often quite pleasant as the ocean breeze keeps the island about 10°F cooler.
Excellent Bike Paths throughout the island makes biking or roller blading a great way to get around.
Great Beaches within a short distance from town are within walking distance or a few miles by the bike paths.
Great walking Towns with lots of shops, restaurants, and bars. Evening festivities are quite nice.
Take a Virtual Tour of Oak Bluffs by clicking here! ( tour provided by MVOL.com )